09 March 2013

Photography Class

So I currently teach digital photography as a night class and my students have done some really amazing photo shoots over the last few weeks. I wanted to share some of the things that we've been doing so far

What is Bokeh:
In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image. Bokeh occurs for parts of the scene that lie outside the depth of field. Photographers sometimes deliberately use a shallow focus technique to create images with prominent out-of-focus regions. Bokeh is often most visible around small background highlights, such as specular reflections and light sources, which is why it is often associated with such areas. However, bokeh is not limited to highlights; blur occurs in all out-of-focus regions of the image.

Here are some of the images we got!



This one is my favorite!

 I also wanted them to work with this milk idea I saw on instagram. Working with their aperture and shutter speed they were trying to capture the "crown" the drop of milk made when it hits the puddle of milk. We just used food coloring to dye the milk different colors. Although they didn't all catch the crown we got some amazing and interesting photos. I think some of them look like they might be another planet!





No comments:

Post a Comment